Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vision Boarding Party Part 1

Yesterday after dragging my ass to Taekwondo, I came home to find a very busy Mz Blu, my accidental but very cool recent roomate. She was in deep cleaning mode, a strange state where OCD meets ADD and suddenly there are no more dirty dishes or dust on the windowsill. After shining every piece of metal from faucets to door handles, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and re stacking all my books, Mz Blu decided to reintegrate some of the paintings from art show onto the walls. Then she decided more of the art could be put up and set about hanging paintings on every bare surface. The end result is that my place is festive, properly sterilized, and ready for company...so right on cue we held a small vision board party.

I made my first vision board several months ago. It's a white foam board painted red, blue, and purple with a yellow haze around my smiling picture. I used magazines and cut out words and pictures that best illustrated my vision for what I want to show up in my life from joy and prosperity to getting my black belt and publishing my book. This time my vision is much more streamline, still colorful but clearer.

I'm still not quite done, and neither is anyone else, so there will be a sequel to the party, but the best part was just hanging out. Taus and Krisp Forms from TKD stopped by. As usual Taus fell asleep and my chair and made me looks at a million pictures from her online scrap book. Then Greta arrived from Tacoma and we all sat around painting and collaging, drinking tea and eating my mom's best recipe for sharp cheddar and macaroni. Mz. Blu's boy toy arrived shortly after that and as Krisp Forms and Taus left, Coco showed up. It was a very chill and very fun afternoon that reminded me to be thankful for all the wonderful things happening in my life, the center of which is my community of cool peoples who are ever present with love, support and stupid jokes.

No comments: