Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hula Hooping


On Sunday I learned how to hula hoop. This is a big deal for me. When I was a kid I could just never figure it out, but there in the aisle at K-Mart with the help of Mz. Blu, I began to get it. So I bought a purple sparkly hoop filled with water and I took it home where I have been hooping at regular intervals. It's really working my abs, but I'm getting much better. I can bump it back up to my waist when it starts to slide and get it to go faster if the pace starts to lag.

The hoop is kind of my symbol for this staycation. I want to try new things or get better at old things I never had the patience for. I want to go para sailing and drink wine in the rose garden. I want to wear beautiful dresses and learn how to do a jumping wheel kick. I want to go to the spa and get a sea salt scrub.

In the meantime, the staycation continues to go well. On Sunday I caught a hip hop show that I have been debating about writing about. It was entertaining, but I remembered why I hate Nectar and try to avoid it whenever possible. On Monday I had a deep tissue massage and tested for my blue belt. Tuesday I ran some errands, watched movies and painted. Yesterday I finished doing touch ups on my painting for the show, then treated myself to a lovely shopping trip downtown. I checked out the rack and drooled over shoes at Fluvog, then I had snacks and a great glass of wine at the happy hour in the little French Cafe near the market. Today I am doing laundry and getting a pedicure before meeting up with some friends. Why can't life always be this chill?

No comments: