Saturday, May 31, 2008

Vision Boarding

Several months ago,after watching "The Secret" with T-money for the second time, my dear friend Shoshana and I sat down and created our vision boards. I guess there are many ways to make a board, but Ilike the nerd she is :) ) Shoshana went online and researched vision boards to come up with a general template. The idea is simple, you just think about what you want and either draw a picture or choose something to represent it on your board. It's kind of like catalougue shopping, only the universe is the catalogue and the stuff is what you want for your life, be it a soul mate, or a specific career opportunity or whatever...sky's the limit.

After some reflection I began this project using paint and magaines, a bit of glitter and a picture of me smiling my ass off. First I painted my board red, since that is my color and a positive vibe color in genral. Then I glued down my happy picture. My vision is very wordy. I cut out lots of different words and pictures to collage into it. Above me in huge letters are the words Fresh Starts and in the corner it says Seattle. Though it is very flowy and colorful and themes blends into one another, there are specific sections. I focused on spirit, home, work, romance, health and body, money, friendship, and dreams / goals. Every morning, it is the first thing I see when I wake up. It's the last thing I see before I go to bed. Sometimes if I have extra time I just sit and meditate on it. And the very cool (and kind of freaky) thing is, that since I created it, several of the major components have totally manifested themselves in my life. Is it really that easy?

When I think about everything I've ever really wanted in life, even if I did it unintentionally, I visualized it before it happened...so is it really just that easy. If you think it, if you see it and feel it and wish it so hard, you can just make it real. I'm beginning to believe that it is.

No comments: