Monday, September 27, 2010

No Quiero Ir...

Ya me queda poco para regresar...I only have a few days left in Madrid and I don't want to leave. Had coffee with my friend from Finland, then walked around Bilbao and such enjoying the cool autumn breeze and rocking my fabulous Moroccan red leather coat. It was bittersweet. The thought just keeps repeating in my head that on Thursday I'll be on a plane back to Casablanca...then on Friday to NYC. I called Iberia and got my flight reinstated so I am actually going to be able to leave the country, but the truth is I just don't want to go. I want to stay and perfect the art of making tortilla de potata. I want to have tapas in Puerta del Sol and watch the sun set over the Templo de Debod. I want to figure out what the hell they put on the sauce that goes over the papas bravas...besides Tabasco. I want to drink mojitos in La Latina and finally check out the poetry readings in Lavapies. I'm not even gone yet and already I'm having separation anxiety. But all good things...

No comments: