Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Poems from the Elephant Journal- rejj ©


Here are some of my new poems...

Laughing at Nothing

The child laughs
at nothing
because to her
nothing is everything
the invisible,
the infinite,
the glimmer of no thing
is new thing
is old thing
is lost and found thing
atom and ion
crayon and snow globe
moon beams and coach purses
shadow and lipstick
the animal cracker the couch ate...
it may seem that the child
laughs at nothing,
but maybe the laughter
is everything.



Your Anything

It was done.
That night I burned
the blueprints to my
conventional life:
I would not be
your success,
your lucky star,
your president,
your baby mama,
your secretary,
your personal chef,
your scientist,
your Saturday night,
your bitch,
your board chairwoman,
your prisoner,
your teacher,
your yes-woman,
your no-sir,
your diplomatic immunity,
your I forgive you
your everything's gonna be okay,
your anything
No, I wouldn't be
your anything
pre-determined,
I would be
original
unwritten,
unscripted,
a traipse off the grid
through the brambles and thorns
through the ocean corral,
I would fly through the fire
swim through the skies,
hopscotch through wormholes
of galaxies with no names
and you might call me
your goddess,
your queen,
your compass rose,
your north star,
but I wouldn't be that either
I would be my own rogue star
shooting my own path
my own way
without
your gravitational pull,
your approval
your name
without
your anything

Untitled

We are living in the time
of answered prayers,
there is still so much left to pray,
but for today
we are world-making
new life creating
living in the breath taking
space of innovation
and expansion
no longer broken hearted
but mended hearted
whole, healthy, healed
sewn threw with the wisdom
of linear time
and non-linear love
I see the change of nations
from the highest cliffs
of my heart
and I set a course to the sun
finally knowing
my wings won't melt.

No comments: