Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The End of 30

What I did with my year:
- went to Ghana with my mom
- met the Vice President of Ghana
- met the Asantehene
- had dinner at home of a former President in Ghana
- taught Spanish
- participated in Morning Meeting and got to know my students
- co-planned an all school Day of the Dead Celebration
- was invited to show paintings at the C Art Gallery and The Phinney Ridge Center
- lead literature circle for the fourth grade
- got my black belt in Taekwondo
- published my first collection of poetry
- wrote my first novel (an hour and half at time)
- performed my first paid feature as a poet
- showed my art at 619 Western during the big 1st Thur Art Walk
- hosted 3 Red Couch Galleries
- raised enough money to go on a spiritual journey
- sold some books
- fell in love with Powell's bookstore
- spent weekends in Portland
- had a lot of good times with friends and family
- had a damn good year

No comments: