Monday, February 8, 2010

God, Hair, Love, and America.


My word for 2010 is fruition...to bear fruit, realization. And so my last act of 2009 and my first of 2010 was to finally complete my first book! It's called God, Hair, Love, and America and you can get it at www.amazon.com or if you're in Seattle at the Center for Spiritual Living Bookstore.

God, Hair, Love, and America is a collection of poetry written over the course of 2008/2009, during which time I was still slamming and in general moved to write. It includes 24 full length poems and 6 haiku and is divided into four themed sections...hence the title. God, Hair, Love,and America are often the inspirations fueling my creative works.

Last Saturday, at the Hidmo, during Ladies' First, a monthly fundraiser for the Communities Against Rape and Abuse (CARA), my book was released. I read 6 poems to a packed audience and it was absolutely an amazing experience to look out at a room full of people, many of who I love dearly, who had come to hear what I had to say. 2010 for me is all about using my voice. I'm here, I'm ready, and finally those dream seeds planted so long ago are coming to fruition. Thanks to everyone for all the support.

What's next? This is the year I finish my novel....stay tuned for details.

No comments: